Monday 7 July 2014

Wish list: More than just makeup

Wish list: more.
Clinique Extra Mild Liquid Face Soap $29   //    The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence $26.95
   Toni And Guy Classic Wave Memoriser $15.99  //  Toni and Guy Cleanse Dry shampoo $15.99

I've never really paid much attention to my skin or hair before. Just bought basic products and left it at that. Now that I'm using make up regularly, I need to put more effort into skincare. I usually just use face wipes, but am thinking I need something more. The Liquid Facial Soap in extra-mild from the Clinique 3 Step Kit seems like a fantastic cleanser, especially for my sensitive skin. I get really dry skin around my eyes, so a hydrating eye cream is definitely in order. I've tried and liked other items from the Body Shop Aloe line, so this would be great. As for a good moisturiser, Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream is pretty fantastic. I've tried a sample size, and it lasted for ages and I really did love how much it moisturised my skin. The only thing that's stopped me buying it is how expensive it is here ($57!!), and how much I would need to spend to get free shipping from the Benefit's US website.

As for my hair,  I dye it regularly, so the ends are pretty frayed. Other than shampoo and conditioner you can get at Coles and the like, I've only ever used dry shampoo and leave-in conditioners on it. I've started using coconut oil weekly, and paying more attention to what shampoo and conditioner I use, and how my hair reacts to it.  Thanks to Sarah from More than Adored, who continually says good things about Toni and Guy (specifically this and this post) a bunch of Toni and Guy products are making their way onto my wish list this week! When my hair is straightened it can look a bit limp and lifeless, and I think a texturising spray like the T&G Casual Rough Texturiser spray would help add some volume to it. As for when it's curly, sometimes it can get a bit out of control. I'm hoping the Classic Wave Memoriser can define my curls and keep them looking perfect. Lastly, I always have problems with dry shampoo leaving white residue in my darker hair, and I can never brush it out properly. I hear the Cleanse Dry Shampoo is a winner, not leaving any white powder in your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment