Wednesday 2 July 2014

June Favourites!

Well, June went fast! And it got cold, which is super exciting because I can finally pull out my scarf and coat for the first time since I was in Copenhagen. Yay for a second winter! It also means it's finally snowing on the ski fields of NSW, so the boy and I will be heading up for the day on Monday! Exciting times! Especially because it will be the 3rd country we've skied in this year! Anyway, I kept to a pretty boring routine this month with my make up, but it meant I have some clear favourites...

This month it's been all about the eyes. I've put way more effort into doing my brows this month with the help of Maybelline Master Shape brow pencil in Soft Brown. I find the spooly on the end is something I reach for regardless of what product I'm using, and I end up touching them up with the pencil anyway. I talked about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette earlier this week, but I had to mention it again in this post! I've seriously reached for it almost every day this month. As for mascara, I had a hard time saying goodbye to my Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara. It's been too long, it needs to be chucked in the bin. I didn't want to buy the same mascara again, and I haven't seen Covergirl mascaras on sale yet, so I've been trying to make the most of the Rimmel mascaras I've recently opened. They're fantastic for when I want a dramatic look, but not so good for every day, especially for work. I picked up the Maybelline The Collosal Volum' Express Cat Eye mascara last month when it was half price at a local chemist. Apart from having one of the longest names in history, it's actually a pretty fantastic mascara. It's doesn't do much for volume, but it's pretty good for length. If you want drama, go for something else. If you want an every day mascara, this is your guy. It's also easy to remove, which is also a plus for an every day mascara.

I recently decided to hop on the Lime Crime train. And I'm so glad I did. This month I have almost exclusively worn Lime Crime Airborne Unicorn on my lips. I love the other colours I've ordered, and I'll give props to Poisonberry for being absolutely fantastic, but Airborne Unicorn is such a wearable purple.

My go to for skincare this month has surprisingly been good old Redwin Sorbolene. I've been using this as a moisturiser since I was a kid, and it's great, especially because it's so cheap. Not only is it good for an all over body and face moisturiser, it's a great shaving cream, and what I've recently discovered is it's a pretty good make up remover too! My skin is dry, and I never have problem with oil or blemishes, so I don't find I need anything else for my face. It's not fantastic with waterproof mascara or eyeliner, but it will take off my regular every day make up just fine!

Props to: Australis 10hr waterproof eye pencil in bombastic bronze for being a great every day brown eyeliner, Essence I love Punk jumbo eyeliner pen for making good winged liner, Real Techniques starter kit for stepping up to replace my one double ended eyeshadow brush and doing a damn fine job too, and Haribo gummy bears for being delicious.

Do you love any of these products? What have you been loving this month?

2 comments:

  1. That Lime Crime lipstick looks stunning but I don't think I can ever pull off purple. Ah the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette... making me drool everytime I see it!
    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could rock purple if you gave it a go! And that was exactly how I felt about the Chocolate Bar palette until I got my hands on it :p

      Delete