Sunday 5 May 2013

Weekly Nail: Pink Glitter

I've been wanting to try something like this for quite a while, after seeing a manicure similar to it on Tumblr a while ago. I was really keen to paint my nails pastel pink.
I used Bourjois number 13, and Ulta3 Lollypop Lilac. The bourjois polish is really sheer, and I needed 4 coats to get it this opaque. You could still kinda see through the tips of my nails, but that's not really an issue because I was painting over the tips. My bottle of lollypop lilac is getting really gluggy, which meant my tips weren't smooth at all. That could also be because I used super long nail stickers and managed to wipe 3 tips off while taking the stickers off!
There's only 2 weeks till we leave for England now! I'm getting kinda nervous! We're going to be gone for about 8 months!
I've been thinking about what it's going to mean for blogging too. The boyfriend doesn't really 'get' blogging, so I don't know how he'll feel if I spend a few hours a week on it! I got an ipad mini, so I should be able to write up quick blogs on there, but I'll probably end up writing more about our travels than beauty products (even though I would love to write about all the new products I'll be able to get over there!) I'm still unsure whether I want to start a new blog all together, so I can properly document our travels and I'll feel less weird about letting friends and family read it.
I'm probably not going to get much time to blog between now and when I leave, even though I have a few things I want to post about (I want to show you all the makeup I'm taking with me, because I'm pretty proud of how little I'm taking). So sorry in advance!
 

10 comments:

  1. Cute nail combo!

    So jealous you're heading to England! Hopefully you will be able to blog - I would love to see what you're getting up to over there :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I really hope I get time, I really enjoy blogging :)

      Delete
  2. Would be super interested in reading all about your adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this combo it looks great :) I need to get some Ulta3 nail polishes I only own 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try some out! My favourites are Earl Grey and Watermelon, and a mini that I think is Corsican Rose. Doesn't hurt that they're $2 either.

      Delete
  4. How exciting! I would love to hear about your travels too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely combo! Have fun in england, i would love to hear about it.

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo pretty!! Love the combination of colours :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lollipop lilac, I need to pull it out and use it again!

    ReplyDelete