Wednesday 1 May 2013

Shopping my Stash: Covergirl Cheekers blush in Soft Sable


I won this blush last year in a facebook competition, and after I bought a few Elf blushes, and then Benefit Hervana and Sugarbomb, it made it's way to the bottom of my makeup draw. I've been trying to rotate my blushes so I can give them all a bit of love before I leave, and rediscovered this! And boy is it pretty.

I think the best way I can describe the colour of this is pumpkin spice, which I think is a great colour for autumn. It even smells a little bit like cinnamon! (which it may not, when it comes to cosmetics I find my sense of smell can be a little broken). It's got a hint of shimmer to it, which you can't tell in the pan, but shows up well in the swatches.
The brush it comes with is pretty useless, and I usually use a kabuki to apply it. It's a little hard to get the product onto a big brush like a kabuki, but really not that big of a deal. It also works well as a kind of contour. I haven't been able to use bronzers as contours, so this is a good stepping stone into contouring for me!
It lasts ok, but I rarely find that blushes last very long on me. I think it has something to do with my foundation not lasting very long. The blended swatch below didn't turn out very pigmented, but I find the colour shows up a lot better on my cheeks, which you can see in my most recent outfit/FOTD post here.

heavy swatch and blended in sunlight.

This is a product I'd definitely recommend. I love blushers that are a bit darker and brown toned, and I've found them a little hard to find (maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough?). You can buy this in Priceline for less than $10, which I think is pretty decent. 

20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cinammon-smelling blush? :O
    Pumpkin spice is a great description for this blush! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells so different from other blushes, in a great way! It really makes me want to bake some pumpkin pie.

      Delete
  3. This looks like such a pretty colour! i will have to take a look at it next time at the covergirl stand.

    http://theperksofbeingahipster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/april-favourites-little-bit-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely take a look! I think it's something I would usually have not bothered to look at, and I haven't actually stopped to look at any blushes by Covergirl! They're so small and easy to miss.

      Delete
  4. This looks lovely and it reminds me of autumn leaves and I can definitely see some pumpkin pie mixed in. I think I would get slightly annoyed at trying to put it on a big brush though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too annoying, especially because its good for contouring, you can just swipe it along the pan once and you've got a line on your brush that's in the right shape!

      Delete
  5. This looks really pretty! I love the sheen on it.

    x Tashi
    http://shiwashiful.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely shimmer that doesn't show up at all in the pan.

      Delete
  6. This looks very pretty and seems like a great colour for autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks sooo gorgeous. I don't think I have anything like this in my collection, it's fairly unique.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think colours like this are very common, at least I haven't seen any. Maybe it's because I usually only look for pinky blushers. I'd love to find more like it though!

      Delete
  8. Wish they sold Covergirl over here!
    It's such a pretty shade, perfect for a natural glow.
    Great post
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Covergirl and Max Factor have a lot of the same products, so it might be worth checking them out to see if they make something similar.

      Delete
  9. This colour is right up my alley. I love brown/bronze blushers too, they go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got lovely pink tones in it too which makes it easier for me to wear but it's definitely got me wanting some more brown blushes (like Madly!)

      Delete
  10. This is actually too pretty! I can see myself kind of ignoring it if I saw it, as the packaging doesn't jump out, but I'm happy that I've seen it swatched now, as it looks gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I probably wouldn't have looked twice at it if I didn't win it, even just the colour in the pan usually wouldn't appeal much to me, but it applies really pretty!

      Delete
  11. What a gorgeous colour :D the compact lets it down.. as it looks like such a lovely shade on your swatches xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete