Saturday 9 February 2013

Wish List: Nail Polish

Nail polish is the product that basically ignited my love for makeup. I started collecting them around the start of last year and now I have a collection of over 60. My family seems to think I have all the colours I would ever need, but I'm sure you can all agree with me that you can never have enough nail polishes!

wish list: nail polish

1. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On  
2. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure I Pink Can   3. China Glaze For Audrey   
 4. OPI Berlin There Done That     5. Australis Space Jam    6. Essie Matte About You

I don't actually have a white nail polish and it would be great to use in nail art (I recently accidentally bought Maybelline Marshmallow thinking it was white and was very disappointed). I saw I Pink I Can on Lilit's blog as a match for MAC's Viva Glam Niki Lipstick, a lipstick I love the colour of but don't (yet) own. I love pink polishes and don't have a shade like I Pink I Can yet (although might be close to my BYS Isn't She Lovely polish - which isn't a great quality polish anyway). I'd also love to try the Complete Salon Manicure range.
I don't own any China Glaze polishes yet, and of the few (Ok, I want all of them) I want, For Audrey really stands out. I love pastel bluey greens, and I don't think I have anything like it in my collection.
OPI Berlin There Done that is another polish unlike anything I own. I really want a nice taupey shade and this looks perfect. I'm a little obsessed with the entire German/ Holland/Euro collections because I'm excited about going to Europe this year, haha.
Space Jam is from the new collection of glitter polishes that Australis has brought out. It's a purple jelly with blue glitter, and although some reviews say it's quite gluggy, for some reason I still want it anyway!
I don't have any matte polishes and have been thinking about getting a matte top coat so I can turn any of my polishes matte (doubling my nail polish collection with just one polish? Yes please!). I was going to get the BYS one, but after seeing some reviews it doesn't seem to work that well. Essie's Matte About You seems like one of the better matte top coats, and I'm going to try and hunt it down when Myer has an Essie sale (they always seem to be on sale there!). I also noticed that Essence have a matte top coat that is comparable with the Essie one, but after a quick look in Target and Priceline it doesn't seem to be available in Australia! If anyone knows of any great matte top coats that I could find easily in Australia, please let me know!!

What polishes are on your wish list?

8 comments:

  1. I got the Bys one and it sucks, don't waste your money! I really want to try the new Australis glitter polishes but I haven't been able to find them anywhere yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the reason's I am thankful for the blogging community! I don't have to waste my money on terrible products! I don't think I've seen them either actually... not that I'm looking because I can't afford it (but I was thinking about using my priceline sisterclub voucher when it decides to arrive). Hope you can get your hands on them soon.

      Delete
  2. I just bought some of the Sally Hansen complete salon manicure nail polishes from Priceline they were doing a special offer for $10 each & another offer for buy 3 pay for 2 so I got 3 for $20 which I think is a fair price & I love them so far :)
    I have China Glaze For Audrey it's such a great polish The next one I desperately want is China Glaze It's a trap-eze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great deal at Priceline! It's a trap-eze is another China Glaze polish I want too, but I think it's a little too close to Gloss n Sparkles Unicorn Droppings to justify the purchase!

      Delete
    2. I just purchased unicorn droppings as well.. I seem to be going on a nail polish binge I will post them all soon :)

      Delete
  3. Berlin There Done That looks close to You Don't Know Jacques - am I wrong? Also, Bourjois has a matte topcoat which is similar to Essie.
    Re: my wishlist - there's O.P.I.'s Yoga-ta get this blue and Yucatan if you can, which keep selling out the moment I order them, no matter from where!
    Following your blog :) Do drop by mine when you have a moment - www.mybeautyjunction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Don't Know Jacques is a bit darker, but just as nice! I don't think the Bourjois topcoat is available in Australia, and I can't find it on Ebay :(
      Both of those polishes look lovely, no wonder they keep selling out! And thanks, I'll be sure to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  4. Great selection! OPI Berlin There Done That looks great- I have OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons (a similar shade) and have been loving it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier- so much appreciated :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete