Wednesday 23 January 2013

What I wore: beach stripes

It's still super hot here, so I'm still wearing dresses and strappy sandals.

Face
Essence My Base illuminating make up base
Bourjois healthy mix foundation in 51
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch highlighting Concealer
Covergirl line exact liquid liner
L'Oreal colour infallible eyeshadow in Innocent turquoise and tender caramel
Lancome Cils Booster XL super enhancing mascara base
Covergirl LashBlast Volume mascara
Australis Lick the Icing lipstick






I got this dress on sale on Urban Outfitters last year after seeing it on Kaelah's blog. I didn't wear it much because it was heading into winter here, and the fabric is really strange and definitely more suited for summer. At the start of summer I still didn't wear it much because it has a really weird fitting bust which is very large. If you can get past that, the stripes on this dress scream summer at the beach, and I love wearing it with these bright yellow sandals that I got from Modcloth which are a bit too big for me but are super comfy, even with my wide feet. On a not too cold day this dress is good in winter when paired with bright stockings and a cardigan. I also love these earrings that I got from my boyfriends sister for Christmas. I've been loving wearing mismatched earrings lately and she got me a pack of 3 sets of mismatched earrings. I really love them!

The boyfriend and I have started really getting into organising our trip to the UK. We're booking flights next week! I'll have a post up on the weekend about our trip. I'll probably be posting a bit more about travel soon, as I'm getting super excited about it and it's all I want to talk about! It also means I've really got to start saving money, so no more hauls, and I'm only allowed to buy beauty products when I run out of something. I do have a decent stash I'll be able to post about however, and I think I'll be incorporating a lot more fashion and wish list posts to make up for lack of reviews, ect.

5 comments:

  1. I love the dress and the mismatched earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's so exciting about you going to the UK! I'd love to see more fashion posts from you doll, this dress is so lovely.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Doing more outfit posts gives me a reason to dress up nice which is always fun, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those earrings are so pretty, I love them! x

    ReplyDelete