Monday 7 January 2013

Coral Polish.

After my last (last as in previous, and because I'm no longer allowed to buy polish) nail polish haul, I've had a look through my nail polish collection. It's grown enormously over the last 6 or so months, and I'm starting to get a lot of similar colours. I've had a bit of an obsession with corals lately, meaning I've collected a fair few coral polishes. Here are the 6 corals (or close enough) that I have in my collection. I do love all of these, but I am still on a hunt for the perfect coral (which would be OPI Tropical Punch, which is discontinued and I can't find it online). However, these will tide me over until I use up some polishes and am allowed to buy more again.



OPI - I Eat Maily Lobster. This is my favourite of the 6. I got this for Christom my Dad (my sister had also bought it for me online but Dad didn't know, woops) after I've been wanting it for months. It's the darkest of the 6 and also has a slight gold shimmer to it.

Essie - Cute as a button. This is my second favourite colour. It's more of a pink toned coral. However, it's probably my least favourite formula of the lot, with an annoyingly small brush and long drying time. I'm not a fan of Essie's formulas, but I do like the colours once I've actually got them on my nails.

Ulta3 - Watermelon. This is the darkest coral I own, and my favourite of my Ulta3 polishes. I've talked about how much I love Ulta3 before so I don't need to say any more.

Rimmel 60 Seconds - 415 Instyle Coral. This coral is more orange toned. It also was the polish that went on the most un-evenly.

Australis - Todays News. Ok, this one might not be exactly a coral, but I'm adding it in because it reminds me of tropical punch. I prefer my corals to be more pink toned than orange, so I think this is a fantastic colour.

Face of Australia - Would you Like Some Orange Sherbet. Ok, again, not a coral, but if the Australis polish is included I thought this should be. I like the pink tones in this orange (which, ok, I may be imagining) so to me it's kind of a pastel coral. Click here for NOTD using this colour.


Clockwise from thumb: Today's News, Cute as a Button, Instyle Coral, I Eat Mainley Lobster, Watermelon.

3 comments:

  1. You have some darn good picks in there! I love Ulta's watermelon and I really liked the Rimmel polish too. I wasn't sure how I felt about the FOA polish, at least not on me. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of Instyle Coral, too bad it applies so unevenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too bad, just needs 3 coats so it's even. Kmart had some Rimmel gift sets for half price with Instyle Coral in them, you may still be able to pick one up ($7.50 for 3 polishes!)

      Delete