Saturday 3 March 2012

life update

I haven't been able to get on the computer much recently. I was quite sick last week and I just wanted to sleep whenever I was home. I still had to go to uni because I didn't want to have to go to the doctors to get a certificate. So it took a while to get over that.
This week I've been out every night. The boy is going to Thailand for 3 weeks and he left today, so I spent my week with him. On Wednesday night we went out to celebrate our 3 year anniversary (which was on Saturday). He took me to a fancy wine bar for dinner. It was so lovely! He used to work with the head chef, so almost straight after we got there they bought us out appetisers! Scallops on slices of chorizo sausage. They were so delicious. I ordered duck confit and it was so delicious! Toby ordered fish, which he said was also delicious (I'm not a big fish fan...). We had fries and salt and pepper calamari on the side, which really was too much food! Then we had apple sorbet'. We ordered a creme brule to share for dessert, but we got brought 2 glasses of desert wine and a platter with all 4 of their desserts on it! It was actually the greatest thing that's ever been placed in front of me. As well as the brule, there was chocolate mousse, kaluha semifredo, a little chocolate delicious bar thing, walnut donuts soaked in chocolate with persian fairyfloss, and a lemon sorbet. I wish I took a picture but it looked so good I completely forgot and dug in. It was such a good night. We were giggling all through eating the dessert because it was so good.

It's been raining all week here. We had a day where it only rained a little but there's been a lot of huge puddles forming. The lake has swollen. There's a little creek that's now a big river. And we didn't even get the worst of it! Here's a picture of the lake. The silly swans are sitting on a big puddle. Or maybe it's the lake overflowing...

I'll probably be here a bit more in the next few weeks. I'll be a bit bored with the boy gone, and I'll have plenty of spare time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment