Thursday 23 February 2012

What I do...

Now I'm back at uni, I spend a lot of time there, or doing uni work. This semester I'm taking Immunology, Pathobiology, Clinical Microbiology and Advanced Functional Anatomy. They're 3rd year classes so they're getting tough, but luckily they're all quite similar so they cover a lot of the same stuff.

The labs are really interesting. The past few weeks I've done a blood smear (which involves pricking your finger to get a drop of blood which you literally smear over the slide, stain, and then look at it under the microscope), looked at human cadavers (which was unbelievably strange), and taken a swab of my throat and nose and cultured the bacteria on horse blood agar!

As much as I'd like to show you everything I do, I'm not able to get photos of most of it. We're not supposed to have phones out in labs and I'm definitely not allowed to take photos of cadavers. I always get photos whenever I dissect (animal) organs though! But I haven't done that in a while.
Coffee is most important.

Sneaky photo of my throat swab.

No comments:

Post a Comment